JCAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Updates

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Izaploo
Admin
Admin
Izaploo

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Updates   Updates EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 3:01 am

Welcome to JCAC FORUMS 2.0!

Hopefully this is the last time we have to change forums.
This is basically what happened,
Over break, someone uploaded a virus onto the hosting site of our forum. Due to the lack of the corporations communication skills and lack of helpfulness or desire to make the forums better I decided to move to another free forum hosting. I had been having many troubles with them before this event with asking questions about smilies, the shop and items, and other various things. So the forums going down for two weeks was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I apologize for taking so long to move the forums and make them better but I promise this one is better!
There are a few changes:

1. Avatars
Avatars can only be 150px by 150px because it looks more uniform.
You can now use avatars in the avatar gallery that have been pre-uploaded by yours truly. If you have a particular anime character in a series you want me to put in the avatar gallery just sent me a request under the forum "Na~ni?" and the topic "Avatars"

2.Smilies, Emoticons, and Kaos
There are now smilies on the side for everyone to use. There are Usagi Kaos, Angel Star Kaos, Penguin Kaos, Holiday Kaos, and a few choice Chibis.
If there are some chibis you would like to see request them under the forum "Na~ni?" and the topic "Chibi"

3. Forum Layout
I now have different types of layouts for the site. While they don't have every anime for display I can at least now change them to look different and have anime themes. If you dislike the current format go in the forum "Na~ni?" and the topic "Forum Format" to complain.

4. Profiles
They are not better looking and can be personalized a lot more! There is even a comment box for you to say something about yourself!

Other than that, the forum is still the same, minus the excellent post others have made. I'm sorry for those who have to lose their post. I hope every enjoys these forums!
Back to top Go down
Izaploo
Admin
Admin
Izaploo

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Update 04/07/10   Updates EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:33 am

The old forums at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are now officially closed!
Sorry
I'm sorry for the concerns and complications it may have cause people and I hope everyone enjoys there forums better.

I will look at everything and bring back the game corner and what not to their full extents.

If there is anything you want me to "retrieve" for you on there just tell me, although I'm sure there isn't anything there too important.
Thank you all again for taking the time to register here and participate on the forums!

Celebrate Right GO JAPANESE CULlTURE/ANIME CLUB!Celebrate Left
Back to top Go down
Izaploo
Admin
Admin
Izaploo

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Another Year, Another Semester.   Updates EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:41 pm

So there have been a few changes that have not been properly addressed.

We say we will miss you, Mitch and Cody. They are the only two members that attended last semester for 50% or more of the time and weren't able to make it to this semester at UNC.

We have had two officers resign as well:

Chris, Secretary since he had a very full semester and therefore could no longer preform his duties as Secretary. Thank you, and good luck. We hope to see you at meetings you can make.
Replacing him is Ducky! He has so far made the transition a lot easier and has been a great help!

Kyle, Activities director. Thank you for your help and optimistic attitude. Don't be a stranger. You know you miss us!
Replacing him is Laura! Thank you for the banner contribution btw! She is so far helping club get more involved and keeping things moving forward.

The latest and greatest thing new is getting credited for clubs! Now we have the ability to credit our club members for their contributions to club and the community. This credit will show up on your college resume! Amazing right? So starting this year we will work to make everyone credited for the time they spend enjoy club and helping others!

Thats all for now! Hopefully Taste of A/PASS and the Corn Maize will be a success!
Back to top Go down
Izaploo
Admin
Admin
Izaploo

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Just a friendly reminder:
Taste of A/PASS is tomorrow from 4:30-6:30!

Be sure to come, even if it's just to socialize and eat great food!

Say hi, contribute to the booth, whatever you feel like. I will be there the whole time so I hope to see you soon!
Back to top Go down
Izaploo
Admin
Admin
Izaploo

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Next Friday.   Updates EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 3:19 am

Every Friday is special but I want to point out that the Friday after this incoming one is even more special.

In honor of someone's 21st, I would like everyone to draw illustrated fanart of a certain prehistoric friend! We will vote the best one in a small competition!
Back to top Go down
Izaploo
Admin
Admin
Izaploo

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Upcoming Events:
Constitution Ratification - Monday April 9th during club hours
Movie in the Pool- Sometime on a Friday in April (Details pending)
World Language Day - Wednesday, April 18th @ University Center Panorama Room 9:30-11 Possible multiple dancing.
Officer Election Day - Monday April 23 during club hours
Officer Inauguration Day/Cherry Blossom Tree planting - Friday April 27th
Franklin Middle School Cultural Day - May 4th, 2:50-3:10

Other News
Revamping/Cleaning out the forums. Will start cleaning out some areas of the forums. Thank you to those of you who have contributed to constructive conversation. Please keep spam in the correct topics from now on and if you have something to talk about unrelated to the topic to pitch it elsewhere. Thank you all and have a great rest of the year.
Back to top Go down
Izaploo
Admin
Admin
Izaploo

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:39 am

Most of the forums have been cleaned for the upcoming year. Old threads have been archived, but if you want something back tell me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates Empty

Back to top Go down

Updates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JCAC :: Welcome :: News & Announcements-
Jump to: